Sitting in Ogairy HL-X c1-649. It was an eventful trek today and I found several HMC TC's, water worlds and my first ever ELW! Also found a hellish HMC.
Dennis Wronka Thanks! I had to go out of the way to find it so it was nice that it turned out to be an actual ELW instead of another HMC TC! Both are good but I was really hoping to find an ELW!
If I average 30 jumps an hour for the rest of the way back to the Bubble, I reckon it's going to take me another 15 hours of flight time to make it back to cash in my explorer data. Oh my... Originally shared by Iain McC Today's exploration statistics (to accompany the pretty pictures): Hours flown: 12 Nebulae visited: 2 (IOWHAIL & FROARKS) Systems surveyed: 200-ish? Distance from Great Annihilator: 8.4kly Distance from Sag A*: 11.2kly Distance from Colonia: 10.6kly Distance from Shinrarta Dezhra: 14.7kly Minimum number of jumps back to the Bubble: 455 Heat sinks deployed: 1 (after being dumped out of hyperspace into the canyon between an A-type and an F-type binary pair) Notable bodies surveyed: 25 Neutron stars (15 first discoveries) 18 Costners (17 first discoveries) 7 Black holes (1 first discovery) 6 O-type supergiants (2 first discoveries) 6 Gas Giants with Water-Based Life (6 first discoveries) 1 Earth-Like World (1 first discovery) 1 MS-type star (1 first discovery)...
I didn't make it far today. Only 200 ly. As I had planned I visited all the class O stars in NGC 6357. In the third of these systems I came across the first black hole. I ended up spending most of 2.5h visiting those systems. In total I have found 5 black holes and a neutron star. And an ELW in a system between the ones I targeted. So while I didn't make much progress towards Sagittarius A*, I did make a bit of progress towards Elite Explorer.
The various hints and rumours about the Formadine Rift have been playing on my mind. I'm strongly tempted to take my anaconda out for a research mission. I still have a 2nd account so it would make more sense to take that one instead of my main one but that account has virtually no money so maybe someone could drop me a few creds of cargo. So.. this is me suggesting we run a parallel exploration trip with some lightly armed surface capable ships. Who is in?
Well done on the E.L.W.
ReplyDeleteMicheal May thanks! I've been looking for one the whole trip but I knew I'd have to find at least one before I made it back.
ReplyDeleteUpgrading my laptop hd. Too ssd. Haven't played in days... Still heading ur way. Going to hit it hard tonight hopefully
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your first ELW!
ReplyDeleteMicheal May I look forward to running into you around Sag A! Maybe we can get a group shot before heading back to the bubble.
ReplyDeleteDennis Wronka Thanks! I had to go out of the way to find it so it was nice that it turned out to be an actual ELW instead of another HMC TC! Both are good but I was really hoping to find an ELW!
ReplyDelete