4.5 klys does not seem too far, after a journey of 60+ klyrs. But as the bubble became closer, my worry turned to stress. After some good advice, which I plainly ignored, about practicing my docking sequence, my Girlfriend offered to take over. I'll do a few thousands, and you take a break. She said. Memories of her crashing my T-9 in to a station came flooding back.
I powered on.
As I approach the final 1klyrs, another offer get’s presented. “Need me to escort you in ? I’m flying my Vulture in a HiRes atm”. Memories of ollie clark escort in to known space make my hand shake uncontrollably.
I start to plan my final route, I pick a red icon, knowing I had been to that station before, and so duly marked it with a parked ship.
My F.S.D powers down for the last time, and I’m presented with the one thing I had been focused on for what seems to be a life time of travel.
“Docking requested Denied” – my heart stopped, my breathing shallow. “You got this, Darling.” Her hand gently covered my hand over throttle. As I entered the no fire zone, maxing my senor range, scanning for any ships, I deployed landing gear. And my ship responded with a groan and reluctant thruster movement.
“Watch your pitch” – whispers from the back
Sweet runs down my hand, makes me questions the feel of buttons, were my fingers lay. I look down, to check my hand positioning. Only to be presented with toaster rack, larger than I had ever seen before.
Roll, pitch, Yor. Roll pitch Yor, I start my mantra.
“Bay 11 is for landing and takeoff, only. There is no standing in green zone” – Federation, you fine me for taking it slowly, I will defect to the empire, and burn you all.
Then it came, the sweet sweet sound. “docking completed, Engine disengaged” – I was home. “Come to bed, darling, Come to me”
If I average 30 jumps an hour for the rest of the way back to the Bubble, I reckon it's going to take me another 15 hours of flight time to make it back to cash in my explorer data. Oh my... Originally shared by Iain McC Today's exploration statistics (to accompany the pretty pictures): Hours flown: 12 Nebulae visited: 2 (IOWHAIL & FROARKS) Systems surveyed: 200-ish? Distance from Great Annihilator: 8.4kly Distance from Sag A*: 11.2kly Distance from Colonia: 10.6kly Distance from Shinrarta Dezhra: 14.7kly Minimum number of jumps back to the Bubble: 455 Heat sinks deployed: 1 (after being dumped out of hyperspace into the canyon between an A-type and an F-type binary pair) Notable bodies surveyed: 25 Neutron stars (15 first discoveries) 18 Costners (17 first discoveries) 7 Black holes (1 first discovery) 6 O-type supergiants (2 first discoveries) 6 Gas Giants with Water-Based Life (6 first discoveries) 1 Earth-Like World (1 first discovery) 1 MS-type star (1 first discovery)...
Just spent 90 minutes in Robigo doing Tourism Passenger Missions. About 100mil. earned. Went from 41% Pioneer to 62%. Didn't want to post on a more public forum. In case any of you want to up one of your commanders exploration rank. Of course, the good payouts come from being allied. There are 3 factions giving upwards of 25 missions each, so lots to chose from! I'm using an Anaconda with only First Class Cabins. 9 missions at a time.
4.5 klys does not seem too far, after a journey of 60+ klyrs. But as the bubble became closer, my worry turned to stress. After some good advice, which I plainly ignored, about practicing my docking sequence, my Girlfriend offered to take over. I'll do a few thousands, and you take a break. She said. Memories of her crashing my T-9 in to a station came flooding back.
ReplyDeleteI powered on.
As I approach the final 1klyrs, another offer get’s presented. “Need me to escort you in ? I’m flying my Vulture in a HiRes atm”. Memories of ollie clark escort in to known space make my hand shake uncontrollably.
I start to plan my final route, I pick a red icon, knowing I had been to that station before, and so duly marked it with a parked ship.
My F.S.D powers down for the last time, and I’m presented with the one thing I had been focused on for what seems to be a life time of travel.
“Docking requested Denied” – my heart stopped, my breathing shallow.
“You got this, Darling.” Her hand gently covered my hand over throttle.
As I entered the no fire zone, maxing my senor range, scanning for any ships, I deployed landing gear. And my ship responded with a groan and reluctant thruster movement.
“Watch your pitch” – whispers from the back
Sweet runs down my hand, makes me questions the feel of buttons, were my fingers lay. I look down, to check my hand positioning. Only to be presented with toaster rack, larger than I had ever seen before.
Roll, pitch, Yor. Roll pitch Yor, I start my mantra.
“Bay 11 is for landing and takeoff, only. There is no standing in green zone” – Federation, you fine me for taking it slowly, I will defect to the empire, and burn you all.
Then it came, the sweet sweet sound.
“docking completed, Engine disengaged” – I was home.
“Come to bed, darling, Come to me”
I truly had the best adventure...