Micheal May thanks! Me too! She is pretty capable but I still worry there will be an "incident" and she will be forced to turn back or worse. She has an AFMU installed just in case.
I tried 3 times, before I did it. It gets very lonely, - messes with your head after a while... My G/L has banned me from doing it again. Your daughter may return a different pilot.....
Micheal May it's a long journey to be sure and your real get about it changing you. I think she will do fine but if she does get bored I'll challenge her to an SRV race or something to help her through it.
Chris Dibben thanks! Yeah I'm glad the AFMU will now repair the canopy. I was lucky and managed to avoid and hull or canopy damage my last trip but I did suffer module damage due to heat after dropping right between a close binary.
If I average 30 jumps an hour for the rest of the way back to the Bubble, I reckon it's going to take me another 15 hours of flight time to make it back to cash in my explorer data. Oh my... Originally shared by Iain McC Today's exploration statistics (to accompany the pretty pictures): Hours flown: 12 Nebulae visited: 2 (IOWHAIL & FROARKS) Systems surveyed: 200-ish? Distance from Great Annihilator: 8.4kly Distance from Sag A*: 11.2kly Distance from Colonia: 10.6kly Distance from Shinrarta Dezhra: 14.7kly Minimum number of jumps back to the Bubble: 455 Heat sinks deployed: 1 (after being dumped out of hyperspace into the canyon between an A-type and an F-type binary pair) Notable bodies surveyed: 25 Neutron stars (15 first discoveries) 18 Costners (17 first discoveries) 7 Black holes (1 first discovery) 6 O-type supergiants (2 first discoveries) 6 Gas Giants with Water-Based Life (6 first discoveries) 1 Earth-Like World (1 first discovery) 1 MS-type star (1 first discovery)...
I didn't make it far today. Only 200 ly. As I had planned I visited all the class O stars in NGC 6357. In the third of these systems I came across the first black hole. I ended up spending most of 2.5h visiting those systems. In total I have found 5 black holes and a neutron star. And an ELW in a system between the ones I targeted. So while I didn't make much progress towards Sagittarius A*, I did make a bit of progress towards Elite Explorer.
The various hints and rumours about the Formadine Rift have been playing on my mind. I'm strongly tempted to take my anaconda out for a research mission. I still have a 2nd account so it would make more sense to take that one instead of my main one but that account has virtually no money so maybe someone could drop me a few creds of cargo. So.. this is me suggesting we run a parallel exploration trip with some lightly armed surface capable ships. Who is in?
Oh wow !!! I hope you both make it there and back...
ReplyDeleteMicheal May thanks! Me too! She is pretty capable but I still worry there will be an "incident" and she will be forced to turn back or worse. She has an AFMU installed just in case.
ReplyDeleteI tried 3 times, before I did it. It gets very lonely, - messes with your head after a while... My G/L has banned me from doing it again. Your daughter may return a different pilot.....
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip. If time allows I might race to catch up and meet you somewhere out there.
ReplyDeleteMicheal May it's a long journey to be sure and your real get about it changing you. I think she will do fine but if she does get bored I'll challenge her to an SRV race or something to help her through it.
ReplyDeleteChris Dibben thanks! Yeah I'm glad the AFMU will now repair the canopy. I was lucky and managed to avoid and hull or canopy damage my last trip but I did suffer module damage due to heat after dropping right between a close binary.
ReplyDeleteDennis Wronka Thanks! There will be no need to race to catch up. We seem to be averaging only about 300ly per day at the moment.
ReplyDeleteMax Acceleration But I also don't see myself leaving for at least another two weeks or even a month.
ReplyDeleteDennis Wronka Ah, OK. In that case you might have to "race" to catch up :-)
ReplyDelete