I tried to explain that to them, when I asked them to move the bottles of wine and patters of food over to the right... to make room for my laptop .... "can't you leave that alone for just one night" -G/F
Micheal May Those that have not been bitten by the ED bug cannot understand. Oh well. Such is life. On the other hand you are catching up nicely. I don't think any of us made any progress today at all. We only did a few jumps yesterday so we are all around 3K (give or take) of Sag A and holding.
3k... that's great.. gives me a target, so i can catch up.... im at 12k atm. I had a couple of glass of wines too many, and the scooping became dangers, so I stopped haha
Max Acceleration As usual on Thursdays I didn't fly last night. Therefore I am still sitting just a few lightyears from the Great Annihilator, right at the 23 kly line, about 3 kly from Sagittarius A*. Planning on doing 1kly tonight, 1.5kly tomorrow and the last 500ly on Sunday.
Just a thought follow cmdrs - can we have a collective agreed time to meet - I'm currently +8gmt - as I believe some of u are on a different time zone. Pls suggest a date and time that is local to u and I will adjust and met up then. Currently I'm head toward the great anthiltor .
If I average 30 jumps an hour for the rest of the way back to the Bubble, I reckon it's going to take me another 15 hours of flight time to make it back to cash in my explorer data. Oh my... Originally shared by Iain McC Today's exploration statistics (to accompany the pretty pictures): Hours flown: 12 Nebulae visited: 2 (IOWHAIL & FROARKS) Systems surveyed: 200-ish? Distance from Great Annihilator: 8.4kly Distance from Sag A*: 11.2kly Distance from Colonia: 10.6kly Distance from Shinrarta Dezhra: 14.7kly Minimum number of jumps back to the Bubble: 455 Heat sinks deployed: 1 (after being dumped out of hyperspace into the canyon between an A-type and an F-type binary pair) Notable bodies surveyed: 25 Neutron stars (15 first discoveries) 18 Costners (17 first discoveries) 7 Black holes (1 first discovery) 6 O-type supergiants (2 first discoveries) 6 Gas Giants with Water-Based Life (6 first discoveries) 1 Earth-Like World (1 first discovery) 1 MS-type star (1 first discovery)...
I didn't make it far today. Only 200 ly. As I had planned I visited all the class O stars in NGC 6357. In the third of these systems I came across the first black hole. I ended up spending most of 2.5h visiting those systems. In total I have found 5 black holes and a neutron star. And an ELW in a system between the ones I targeted. So while I didn't make much progress towards Sagittarius A*, I did make a bit of progress towards Elite Explorer.
The various hints and rumours about the Formadine Rift have been playing on my mind. I'm strongly tempted to take my anaconda out for a research mission. I still have a 2nd account so it would make more sense to take that one instead of my main one but that account has virtually no money so maybe someone could drop me a few creds of cargo. So.. this is me suggesting we run a parallel exploration trip with some lightly armed surface capable ships. Who is in?
It's a loooooooooog way out there, not to mention the trip back. Well worth it but still very very long trip.
ReplyDeleteSnuck in a few thousand lyrs - over dinner, at much distest to my dinner guests.
ReplyDeleteMicheal May don't they know the universe beckons!?
ReplyDeleteI tried to explain that to them, when I asked them to move the bottles of wine and patters of food over to the right... to make room for my laptop .... "can't you leave that alone for just one night" -G/F
ReplyDeleteMicheal May Those that have not been bitten by the ED bug cannot understand. Oh well. Such is life. On the other hand you are catching up nicely. I don't think any of us made any progress today at all. We only did a few jumps yesterday so we are all around 3K (give or take) of Sag A and holding.
ReplyDelete3k... that's great.. gives me a target, so i can catch up.... im at 12k atm. I had a couple of glass of wines too many, and the scooping became dangers, so I stopped haha
ReplyDeleteUpdate - another 2 klyrs closers now about 10kyls....... Time for dinner...
ReplyDeleteMax Acceleration As usual on Thursdays I didn't fly last night. Therefore I am still sitting just a few lightyears from the Great Annihilator, right at the 23 kly line, about 3 kly from Sagittarius A*.
ReplyDeletePlanning on doing 1kly tonight, 1.5kly tomorrow and the last 500ly on Sunday.
Dennis Wronka Sunday sounds like the day we met...
ReplyDeleteMicheal May Wasn't that the plan? To meet up on Sunday?
ReplyDeleteDennis Wronka yes... Sorry.. Bad wording... Comment was meant to be a confirmation.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought follow cmdrs - can we have a collective agreed time to meet - I'm currently +8gmt - as I believe some of u are on a different time zone. Pls suggest a date and time that is local to u and I will adjust and met up then. Currently I'm head toward the great anthiltor .
ReplyDelete