James Dominguez I'll most likely leave the system some time tonight, but will stick around nearby. Haven't heard of Max Acceleration today. Last info indicates he should be somewhere around where you are now, +/- 500ly. My guess is that pesky family coming in the way of more important things, like exploring the galaxy, again. ;-)
Dennis Wronka i was curisy were Max Acceleration was too.... once everyone arrives'we can get to the serious side of things..... making stupid shadow puppets shapes with our ships, with a black hole back drop
Well plotting a course is taking a bloody age! I'm just over 1.5K from Sag A with James Dominguez not far behind. I'll have to drop off soon so I'm hoping to hit the 25K line.
If I average 30 jumps an hour for the rest of the way back to the Bubble, I reckon it's going to take me another 15 hours of flight time to make it back to cash in my explorer data. Oh my... Originally shared by Iain McC Today's exploration statistics (to accompany the pretty pictures): Hours flown: 12 Nebulae visited: 2 (IOWHAIL & FROARKS) Systems surveyed: 200-ish? Distance from Great Annihilator: 8.4kly Distance from Sag A*: 11.2kly Distance from Colonia: 10.6kly Distance from Shinrarta Dezhra: 14.7kly Minimum number of jumps back to the Bubble: 455 Heat sinks deployed: 1 (after being dumped out of hyperspace into the canyon between an A-type and an F-type binary pair) Notable bodies surveyed: 25 Neutron stars (15 first discoveries) 18 Costners (17 first discoveries) 7 Black holes (1 first discovery) 6 O-type supergiants (2 first discoveries) 6 Gas Giants with Water-Based Life (6 first discoveries) 1 Earth-Like World (1 first discovery) 1 MS-type star (1 first discovery)...
I didn't make it far today. Only 200 ly. As I had planned I visited all the class O stars in NGC 6357. In the third of these systems I came across the first black hole. I ended up spending most of 2.5h visiting those systems. In total I have found 5 black holes and a neutron star. And an ELW in a system between the ones I targeted. So while I didn't make much progress towards Sagittarius A*, I did make a bit of progress towards Elite Explorer.
The various hints and rumours about the Formadine Rift have been playing on my mind. I'm strongly tempted to take my anaconda out for a research mission. I still have a 2nd account so it would make more sense to take that one instead of my main one but that account has virtually no money so maybe someone could drop me a few creds of cargo. So.. this is me suggesting we run a parallel exploration trip with some lightly armed surface capable ships. Who is in?
Thx... Commputer keep crashing when. Routing my final leg.... Will be there soon...
ReplyDeleteGotta take care of lunch first. Gonna be back in maybe an hour or so.
ReplyDeleteGreat that will be about when I get there at this rate. Lol...
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! Congratulations Commander.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I'll be arriving tonight, but if you're in the neighbourhood tomorrow, let's see how far away you are. :) Where's Max Acceleration?
ReplyDeleteJames Dominguez I'll most likely leave the system some time tonight, but will stick around nearby.
ReplyDeleteHaven't heard of Max Acceleration today. Last info indicates he should be somewhere around where you are now, +/- 500ly.
My guess is that pesky family coming in the way of more important things, like exploring the galaxy, again. ;-)
Dennis Wronka i was curisy were Max Acceleration was too.... once everyone arrives'we can get to the serious side of things..... making stupid shadow puppets shapes with our ships, with a black hole back drop
ReplyDeleteThis are serious business. We am serious explorers.
ReplyDeleteWell plotting a course is taking a bloody age! I'm just over 1.5K from Sag A with James Dominguez not far behind. I'll have to drop off soon so I'm hoping to hit the 25K line.
ReplyDeleteLast map check I was 1,833 LY from SagA.
ReplyDeleteI'm now 882ly from SagA. Technical issues caused me to bale after only 5 jumps. James Dominguez looks like we will both make it there tomorrow!
ReplyDelete3:30pm here. I'm hoping to make it there tonight... maybe...
ReplyDeleteIts beer o'clock here in Perth.... Lol
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to check in - once u get there, so we can organise a time all together
ReplyDeleteWill do.
ReplyDelete